COVID-19 Response Information

County Hall public access is now available. Appointments are recommended. Contact your service department or contact directly, or call 403-230-1401 or email All appropriate safety protocols are in place and any visitor to the County Hall is asked to follow all signage and on-site instructions.

Rocky View County’s Emergency Management team continues to be in close contact with Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health and the Alberta Emergency Management Agency to monitor the situation and adjust the County’s actions as needed.

The following is a current list of any recent service updates due to COVID-19:​


Continues to operate normally. The public is asked to remember this is an emergency call line, and not the number to call for health advice.

Building Services (Inspections and Permits)

The Building Services Department is fully operational. Visit the Building Permits section for details on service level offerings and requirements.

Council / Boards & Committees

Procedures for public hearings have returned to normal, while following provincial guidelines for a limit of 50 people maximum for indoor gatherings. More information regarding public hearing procedures and presenting to council is available on the Council webpages. The latest updates for all Meetings & Hearings are listed on our home page.

Enforcement Services (Bylaw and Traffic)

Continues to operate normally. Calls for service are being assigned, dog licence applications are being processed, bylaw complaints are being investigated, traffic officers are patrolling County roads, and court documents are being processed.

Fire Services

Continues to operate normally. Fire permits can still be requested by phone, online and email. Visit the Fire Bans page for the current fire status.


The Planning & Development Services Department is fully operational. Visit Building & Planning for details and updates on obtaining service.

Property Taxes / Assessment

Rocky View County Council Approves 3% Property Tax Decrease. Council also voted to delay the application of late-payment penalties on municipal property taxes and the Province’s education taxes. Property owners who are not on a monthly payment plan must normally pay their taxes in full by June 30 or face a 12% penalty. With Council’s decision, penalties will not be applied to 2020 property and education taxes until September 1.

Record Requests (FOIP)

Requests for records and documents are being responded to, but timelines may be affected depending on the complexity and size of the request​. Anyone wishing to submit, pay for, or pick up the records of a request in person are asked to follow the new appointment scheduling protocols. Our Record Requests web page provides further information regarding requests for copies of County documents.​

Service Alberta has temporarily extended timelines for public bodies to respond to requests for access to information. Instead of 30 days, a public body will have 90 days initially to complete a request for access to information. Any request submitted to a public body dated April 9, 2020 or later will have the extended time lines.


As of June 12, recreation-focused facilities, including recreation centers and community halls located throughout Rocky View County, are permitted to re-open under the Province of Alberta’s launch of Stage 2 of its COVID-19 re-opening strategy.

The province has mandated that:

  • Physical distancing of 2m be maintained;
  • Gathering sizes be limited to 50 (indoor social gatherings), 100 (outdoor events and indoor seated/audience events), and 200 (outdoor audience-type community events and performances) persons; and
  • People are encouraged to wear masks where physical distancing is not possible.

Playgrounds and outdoor areas throughout the County reopened May 14, including playing fields and courts, baseball diamonds, equestrian facilities, and skate parks.

Please check with facilities directly regarding their specific reopening details and updates.

Continue to respect all guidelines outlined by Alberta Health. Up-to-date information is available at COVID-19 info for Albertans.

The provincial government has provided a number of resources to help businesses and non-profits affected by COVID-19 begin to reopen and resume operations safely - Alberta Biz Connect.

In addition, the Return to Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation – Stage 2 Guidance document (PDF) provides information about facility screening, sanitation, cleaning and disinfecting, physical distancing, equipment, and public health recommendations. Similar guidelines for swimming pools (PDF) are also provided online.

Vehicle access to parking lots and staging areas in provincial parks and on public land is also allowed. This means in addition to walking or biking in, you can also leave your vehicle in a designated parking space, but you’ll need to be prepared as your parks experience may be a little different due to COVID-19.


General road safety and maintenance work continues to operate normally.

Special Event Services

We will review special event permit applications that take into consideration the provincial restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic. Further details on restrictions for mass gatherings are available on the Alberta Health Services website.

We will continue to provide updates to our event partners as the situation develops. For further information, or if you have any questions, please email

Utilities (Water & Wastewater)

Continues to operate normally.

Waste & Recycling

Normal service, except:

  • Used textile bins and household goods donation sheds at County Transfer Sites in Bragg Creek, Irricana, and Langdon are closed until further notice.
  • Plastic bag recycling is cancelled in Bragg Creek until further notice.

Links & Resources

  • Government of Alberta
    Information on public health orders, COVID-19 cases, updates from the Chief Medical Officer and financial support. Emergency funding for charities and not-for-profits organizations to support their COVID-19 response.​
  • Government of Canada
    Information on travel advisories, Canadian borders, economic and financial support.
  • Alberta Biz Connect


Need to get in touch with us? Please call our main phone number at 403-230-1401 and your request or question will be passed on to the appropriate department.