As a public body in Alberta, Rocky View County is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. Under this Act, Rocky View County endeavours to balance the public’s right to access information and an individual’s rights to privacy.
Making a Request
Requests for copies of County documents must be made in writing to the FOIP Coordinator using the Access to Information Application Form. The request can be submitted in person, by mail, email or fax.
The following information must be included on the form:
- Name, address, telephone number, and email address of the applicant. The applicant should be someone who can answer questions about what is being sought;
- Sufficient information to identify the public record; and
- Date of submission of the request.
Please note: If you have been authorized to act on behalf of another individual to access their personal information, Rocky View County requires that the provincial Authorization of Representative & Affidavit of Witness forms (PDF) be completed and the original documents sent to our office before the request is commenced.
The following fees apply to a majority of access to information requests:
- An initial $25.00 charge for all general information requests. The $25.00 fee must be submitted along with the request for information. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, or credit card.
- Black and white copies on standard letter paper are 25 cents per page.
- Other media will incur actual cost of materials.
- Large requests may require advance payment. Should the cost of time and materials estimated to complete a specific request accrue to $150.00 or more, an estimate invoice will be provided to the applicant. The applicant must provide a deposit of 50% of the estimated final cost of the file search in order for the request to proceed. These may also require a time extension to complete the request.