- Building owners or agents are responsible for scheduling inspections at the specified stages of construction.
- Please schedule inspections at least three days prior to the preferred inspection date.
- Be prepared to provide the following information: permit number, location, municipal address, company, contact person, contact phone number, and site access information.
- Please post municipal address adjacent to driveway, at the road. If unknown, post the lot number. Municipal addresses can be obtained by contacting Rocky View County GeoGraphics at 403.230.1401. Have the complete legal description available.
- The permit and a current copy of building and relevant subtrade plans must be kept on site and be made available for the inspection.
- An Inspector can request the removal of backfill or building materials that cover or enclose anything requiring inspection.
- Cancelling inspections requires at least 24 hours’ notice.
Required Inspections: Building
The following building inspections are required for all single family, two family, and small accessory buildings. Building inspections are performed by Rocky View County.
Single Family/Two Family
- Foundation - After concrete poured, protective coating placed and weeping tile and gravel in place, before backfill. Final inspection of sewer connection complete if applicable.
- Framing - All framing complete, rough in of plumbing, heating, gas and electrical complete, windows installed and roofing in place. Call before installation of insulation. Design approval complete and permit issued for private sewage if applicable.
- Final - Complete and ready for occupancy including doors, smoke alarms, railings and floor finishes. All final subtrade inspections complete.
Small Accessory Buildings
- Framing - Framing complete, roofing and siding installed.
- Final - If requested as a condition of permit, or if requested in the Framing Inspection Report.
Occupancy - Any Building
- No occupancy is permitted unless the Inspector has indicated on the Inspection Report that occupancy has been granted.
Required Inspections: Subtrades
The following subtrades inspections are required for all single family, two family, and small accessory buildings. Subtrades inspections are performed by Davis Inspection Services. (Langdon Sewer Connections are inspected by Rocky View Utilities Corp.)
- Rough In - Wiring complete to all fixture locations and boxes in place, and panel in place.
- Final - All fixtures wired in, smoke detectors installed, and panel completely connected and circuits labelled.
- Rough In - Drain, waste and vent piping below slab in place to outside of building. Main stack in place.
- Final - All fixtures connected and operating.
- Rough In - All lines to all appliances in place, capped off and lines pressurized with pressure gauge in place.
- Final - All appliances connected and operating.
- A sewer service connection inspection is required prior to backfilling.
- Must be inspected before backfill is complete. Inspector must be able to determine length of laterals, depth of bedding, type of field used and depth of gravel cover. Septic tank must be in place and connected to field and building. If installation is covered prior to inspection, removal of backfill to expose portions may be required.
Learn more: Inspection Requirements - Subtrades Permits (PDF)