2022 Meeting Dates
- January 12
- January 26
- February 9
- February 23
- March 9
- March 23
- April 6
- April 20
- May 11
- May 25
- June 15
- June 29
- July 13
- July 27
- September 14
- September 28
- October 12
- October 26
- November 16
- November 30
- December 7
- December 14
Meeting agendas, minutes, and live streaming are available on our Meetings & Hearings web page.
Role of Committee
- Acts as the Development Authority and Subdivision Authority for any applications referred to it by any County bylaw or procedure or by the County’s Chief Administrative Officer.
- Under the Municipal Government Act, has all the development powers and duties when acting as the Development Authority and has all the subdivision powers and duties when acting as the Subdivision Authority.
- Considers and makes recommendations on any other matter referred to it by Council, Administration, or another County board or committee.
- Councillor Hanson, Mayor Kochan, Councillor Wright, Councillor Boehlke, Councillor Samra and Councillor Schule
- Councillor Hanson is Chair.
- Councillor Samra is Vice Chair.
- Excludes any Councillor who sits on the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board.
- The terms of all Commission members expire in October 2023.
- Twice a month as outlined in the meeting schedule above, unless otherwise determined by Council or the Commission.
- Meeting agendas, minutes, and live streaming are available on our Meetings & Hearings web page.
Speaking at the Municipal Planning Commission
- Applicants may speak to the Commission about their subdivision or development application for a maximum of five minutes. Applicants must sign up to speak at the meeting.
- Members of the public who wish to speak to the Commission about someone else’s application must notify the Municipal Clerk either before or at the meeting. The requestor must provide reasons for wanting to speak to the Commission.
- The Commission may pass a resolution to allow a member of the public to speak to someone else’s application but is not required to do so. Members of the public permitted to address the Commission may speak for a maximum of five minutes.