Council Decisions: March 12, 2019
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the March 12, 2019 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda, and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both on the Council Minutes & Archives page. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Municipal Clerk’s Office.
- Council voted to direct Administration to open discussions with the current water and sewer service utility owner at Cochrane Lakes to assess future servicing strategies, and to report back to Council on the results of the assessment.
- Council voted to approve the Terms of Reference for the development of an Inter-Municipal Collaboration Framework & Inter-Municipal Development Plan with the Village of Beiseker.
- Council rescinded the Targeted County Plan Review Terms of Reference and the Comprehensive County Plan Review Terms of Reference.
- Council directed Administration to develop amendments to the County Plan for Council’s future consideration:
- Amend Policy 5.5 and 9.5 to remove references to hamlet population targets.
- Amend Policy 14.19 to consider business development adjacent to existing business areas.
- Include Langdon business areas as a possible Regional Business Area.
- Council directed Administration to begin the process of writing a new Municipal Development Plan to replace the current County Plan, and approved a $400,000 budget for the work.
- Council voted to direct Administration to prepare a report exploring funding options for a new community facility in the Springbank area. The target date for the report is late September.
- Council voted to direct Administration to provide them with a draft County-wide recreation model by June 30, 2019, including information on governance, accountability, and financial control.
- Council approved a bylaw to transfer lands to Rocky View County and designate them as Public Utility Lots to support the Bragg Creek Flood Mitigation Project.
- Council directed Administration to inform the Town of Cochrane and Alberta Transportation that Rocky View County supports the closure of Township Road 254 in Cochrane along the town’s southern border with the County.
Planning & Development
- Division 7 – File PL20180081 (06612058), Bylaw C-7861-2019, Re-designation Item: Residential Two to Residential One District for a Single Lot Subdivision, Fragmented Quarter Section. Considered under the County Plan and Rocky View County/City of Calgary Inter-Municipal Development Plan. Approved.
- Division 3 – File PL20180079 (04702038), Subdivision Item: Residential One District. Considered under the County Plan. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.
- Division 3 – File PL20180093 (04618004/019), Subdivision Item: Creation of Nine Residential Condominium Units. Considered under the Central Springbank Area Structure Plan, the Atkins Conceptual Scheme, and the County Servicing Standards. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.