Council Decisions: March 14, 2017
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the March 14, 2017 Council Meeting. This is an overview only—specific details are available on the Council Minutes and Archives page or by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
- Budget Adjustment – Emergency Pumping in Bearspaw: Council voted to add $150,000 to the 2017 budget to fund emergency pumping aimed at reducing water levels in the pond on Meadow Drive in Bearspaw.
Planning & Development
- Division 1 – File PL20160086 (04835007), Bylaw C-7615-2016, Re-designation Item: Farmstead (F) parcel to Residential One (R-1). Denied
- Division 2 – File PL20170017 (05705006/05709035), Bylaw C-7640-2017, Harmony Conceptual Scheme, Appendix A: Stage 1 Neighbourhood Plan Amendment to allow additional recreation uses in the Golf Facilities and Open Space cell. Approved
- Division 2 – File PL20160040, Bylaw C-7641-2017, Re-designation Item: Amendments to Direct Control Bylaw 129 (Harmony). Approved
- Division 4 – File 03222206 / 03215004, Designation of a Public Utility Lot: The creation of a public utility lot supporting a joint use site (recreation, school) in Langdon. (Third reading. First and second occurred on February 28.) Approved
- Division 4 – File PL20160106 (03208009), Bylaw C-7636-2017, Re-designation Item: Ranch and Farm District to Residential Two District. Denied
- Division 9 – File PL20160070 (06704010), Subdivision Item: Residential One District (R-1). Approved