New: No-fee disposal for flood-affected materials July 29 & August 1. Learn more
This location is a Transfer Site. Transfer sites are large areas that are designed to collect many different material types such as yard waste, garbage, e-waste, tires, and recycling. When household waste is dropped off, these sites require payment by cash or the Tag-a-Bag system.
505 Railway Ave, Langdon
Wednesday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Household garbage (1 tag-a-bag ticket per bag)
- Mixed paper
- Clear glass (no ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors)
- Household hazardous waste
- Fluorescent light bulbs (residential)
- Automotive batteries
- Electronic waste
- Used clothing
- Appliances (fridges, freezers and water coolers, $15 charge for Freon removal)
- Grass and leaves (seasonal)
- Christmas trees (seasonal)
- Branches-less than 6 in. diameter (no stumps, these would be garbage)
- Cell phones
- Propane tanks
- Household plastics (must be clean, no styrofoam)
- Used motor oil and containers (do not rinse containers)
- Gear oil, hydraulic oil, transmission fluid
- Oil filters
- Paint (list of eligible paints [PDF])
- Tires (rims removed)
- Bunker bags, silage tarps, bale wrap (must be rolled)
- Wire (must be rolled and free of non metal items)
- Bale twine (must be free of debris and in clear bags)
- Obsolete agricultural pesticides
- Empty agricultural pesticide containers (must be triple rinsed)
Visit the fees page for a full list of garbage & recycling fees.
The transfer site cannot accept large amounts of renovation and construction materials at this time. It is the responsibility of the home owner to transport this material to an appropriate facility.